another dumb question of mine

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
goldfish grow to be a foot or so. And you can keep two in a 30 gallon. So why cant you keep other fish like a pair cichlids, like texas cichlids in a 30? They get to be the same size. And if just them in there. Is it because of agression? Or size? Or both? Or other like oscars? They gfet to a foot. Just like the goldfish.

And one more. In aquarium fish magazine I read someone kept their oscar with 3 goldfish. Wouldnt the oscar eat them, or kill them? Even if they are bigger or the same size as him?

Cichlids are of completely different temperments and just plain require more space. To keep two large cichlids (which, by the way, are much thicker than a goldfish and also produce much more waste) in a small tank would incite aggressiveness, stress, and eventually death.

Sounds like wrs is annoyed by someone's statements again... :lol:

yhbae said:
oh because I ask a question! If Im annoyed at anyone now, its you for being rude!

shrks1fan said:
yhbae said:
Why would you say this? wrs only asked a questions, how is that being annoyed? :huh:

Linda
its because im always annoyed at someone for some reason, and the only reason I ask things is because of what people says. nice person ha.

yhbae if you dont like me dont comment on what I say. Especially if the question has nothing to do with you.

Cool down, guys this is only a forum after all! ;) wrs, I'm certainly not annoyed at you. Whatever its worth, I agree with your comments...

I find these comments entertaining, not annoying. Last thing I would do in these forums are showing frustrations and anger, I do enough of that from my work during the day time! I find it stress-relieving reading and discussing in these forums.

Of course it is up to you to do whatever makes you happy... ;)

FrankSlapperinni said:
Cichlids are of completely different temperments and just plain require more space. To keep two large cichlids (which, by the way, are much thicker than a goldfish and also produce much more waste) in a small tank would incite aggressiveness, stress, and eventually death.
but these cichlids in question are not thick. Goldfish are thicker actually. Have you ever seen a fancy one? theyre the shapes of balls. Goldfish produce more wastes then alot of fish, and when theyre one foot big, they will still produce more wastes then a cichlid. Have you ever owned a goldfish? Always pooping.

And breeding pairs of cichlids arent agressive twords eachother.

If a goldfish can do it, and get bigger, and we all know that goldfish can get agressive, why cant a cichlid?

Most reactions

Back