(Another) Bba Question!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Electric Warrior

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi.  In my 240L, I have dealt with a bit of BBA here and there a few times since I started this tank almost two years ago.  It used to cover my big piece of wood, but has since disappeared.  The problem is now, it is entirely covering my heater, and I can't quite figure out why?  The heater is hanging diagonally across the back of the tank, and I do have a Koralia powerhead pointed in it's direction, about twelve inches away.  There also seems to be a little bit on my pre filter intake, just below the powerhead, but the heater is really bad; it almost looks like it's wearing a fur coat.  A crypt that I have just below the heater has a little tiny bit, but none of the other plants are affected at all?  I would have thought that there certainly would be no flow problem directly in front of a powerhead, so I am pretty sure it's not a flow issue.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Anyone?  I forgot to mention it's on the plastic heater guard, rather than the glass element itself.

I've been having a ton of problems with BBA too, so after reading up on here, I have started adding CO2 and Seachem Flourish Excel to my (125l) tank after scraping off as much of the BBA as possible and siphoning it out of the tank. I also replaced all the plants as there was nothing in the tank that didn't have a nice thick furry layer of algae on it.  I'm now keeping an eye on the patches of BBA which are left and I'm hoping that the combination will kill it off. We shall see.

N

So far so good, the patches of BBA are definitely shrinkng and the other (new) plants in the tank are growing at a furious rate. Fab stuff. Next step is to find a better diffuser and move to a larger CO2 container (fire extinguisher for example).

Most reactions

trending

Back