Shelly1992
New Member
- Joined
- Aug 8, 2009
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
I was reading another post on here with a similar question, but it doesn't sound like my fish at all.
I have a 30 gallon aquarium where my angelfish stay. Before this aquarium, they were in a ten gallon aquarium because my aquarium before that sprung a leak that we have yet to fix. They are a breeding pair; they've had two spawns (both of which had been eaten).
I have a Koi angelfish that has had spots of red in both eyes since I got hir and sie was larger than a quarter. I also purchased an older silver angelfish that was clear in the eyes. The past week (about the time they had their most recent spawn), I noticed sie's eyes were red.
I have been feeding them dry food, frozen Brine shrimp, and Guppy fry when they're born. Not too long ago, I put in a Guppy fry on the opposite end of the aquarium and neither fish seemed to notice. I also notice that when I don't put food directly above these fish, they don't see it until the filter moves it right over them.
I have a Whisper filter, the kind that hangs on the back of the aquarium from my 55 gallon. They share the aquarium with two Zebra tetras. Are my fish going blind? I've noticed some odd behaviors, in which they'll swim up to the right side of the aquarium and seem to "bite" the glass. They'll do this for 5-10 minutes and do it numerous times during the night. They seemed to be "surprised" too, when I drop food in and they suddenly seem it. The Zebras have come up behind them and the Angelfish dart into the other corner, as if they were surprised.
Could anyone offer an explanation?
I have a 30 gallon aquarium where my angelfish stay. Before this aquarium, they were in a ten gallon aquarium because my aquarium before that sprung a leak that we have yet to fix. They are a breeding pair; they've had two spawns (both of which had been eaten).
I have a Koi angelfish that has had spots of red in both eyes since I got hir and sie was larger than a quarter. I also purchased an older silver angelfish that was clear in the eyes. The past week (about the time they had their most recent spawn), I noticed sie's eyes were red.
I have been feeding them dry food, frozen Brine shrimp, and Guppy fry when they're born. Not too long ago, I put in a Guppy fry on the opposite end of the aquarium and neither fish seemed to notice. I also notice that when I don't put food directly above these fish, they don't see it until the filter moves it right over them.
I have a Whisper filter, the kind that hangs on the back of the aquarium from my 55 gallon. They share the aquarium with two Zebra tetras. Are my fish going blind? I've noticed some odd behaviors, in which they'll swim up to the right side of the aquarium and seem to "bite" the glass. They'll do this for 5-10 minutes and do it numerous times during the night. They seemed to be "surprised" too, when I drop food in and they suddenly seem it. The Zebras have come up behind them and the Angelfish dart into the other corner, as if they were surprised.
Could anyone offer an explanation?







