Angelfish In A 30 Gallon?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wow, thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!
I really like the idea of going for a pair of Angels and a pair of Keyhole Cichlids.
Could I go for any type of Cories as long as they stay about the size of Pandas? We have a group of 9 in my husband's aquarium, 3 Pandas, 3 False Juliis, 2 Peppered, 1 Bronze (who was supposed to Peppered but the fish shop messed up). I like them all! There are so many Cories to choose from, I don't know which to take. :lol:
Also the Zebra Pleco is absolutely gorgeous. It is really beautiful! :wub: I will have to see if my local fish shop has those.
I didn't really look into the Rummynose Tetras, but I like the look of them. Are they going to be big enough that the Angelfish won't gobble them up?

I would start with 6 angels to get a pair, unless you want to spend the money for a pair.
Do they have to choose their mate on their own? I can't just put a male and female together? I have so much to learn I guess!

Wow, thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!
I really like the idea of going for a pair of Angels and a pair of Keyhole Cichlids.
Could I go for any type of Cories as long as they stay about the size of Pandas? We have a group of 9 in my husband's aquarium, 3 Pandas, 3 False Juliis, 2 Peppered, 1 Bronze (who was supposed to Peppered but the fish shop messed up). I like them all! There are so many Cories to choose from, I don't know which to take. :lol:
Also the Zebra Pleco is absolutely gorgeous. It is really beautiful! :wub: I will have to see if my local fish shop has those.
I didn't really look into the Rummynose Tetras, but I like the look of them. Are they going to be big enough that the Angelfish won't gobble them up?

I would start with 6 angels to get a pair, unless you want to spend the money for a pair.
Do they have to choose their mate on their own? I can't just put a male and female together? I have so much to learn I guess!

Hi
i'm planning a very similar thing! i was looking at discus, but don't think i could commit to the attention they need.

i have a similar tank and was thinking of getting 6 youg angels and when they pair up move 4 into a slightly larger tank, (which i havent set up yet either, but own) and leave the pair in the 25/30gallon tank with a couple of apistos. have you seen the cockatoo apistos? a lot of people have them as their signature on here.

have you also thougt about whether you will hav elive plants and which you want? you could get a really good amazonian setup with local plants and fish...

8 Rummynose Tetras (or any other non-nippy Tetras, Black Phantoms can be nippy)

My Black Phantoms are fine with my Angelfish. That's why I said them. Also Rummynose aren't as hardy and are more likely to suffer from the wrong water conditions.

AmazonFTW

If water conditions are a concern don't go dropping a L34 into the mix.

Hi
i'm planning a very similar thing! i was looking at discus, but don't think i could commit to the attention they need.

i have a similar tank and was thinking of getting 6 youg angels and when they pair up move 4 into a slightly larger tank, (which i havent set up yet either, but own) and leave the pair in the 25/30gallon tank with a couple of apistos. have you seen the cockatoo apistos? a lot of people have them as their signature on here.

have you also thougt about whether you will hav elive plants and which you want? you could get a really good amazonian setup with local plants and fish...
That is cool! I'm glad that someone else is planning something similar. Yes, I am familiar with Apistos. My husband has a harem of Agassiz's. They are really nice looking fish and they have that Cichlid attitude without being too overbearing. That is why I was thinking about going with Keyholes. I wanted something a little different than what we already have.
I am definitely going with live plants. I think the whole aquascaping thing is just as exciting as getting the fish! I'm not sure what kind of plants I am going with yet, as I still have to research them. :nod:

8 Rummynose Tetras (or any other non-nippy Tetras, Black Phantoms can be nippy)

My Black Phantoms are fine with my Angelfish. That's why I said them. Also Rummynose aren't as hardy and are more likely to suffer from the wrong water conditions.

AmazonFTW
I'm still undecided which schooling tetra to go with. On the fish profiles the Rummynose is listed with the water temperature range of 74-82 degrees Fahrenheit. What do Angels like? Isn't it around 80 or so? Hmmm...this is all so confusing! -_-
The good news is that I googled Cories who can adapt to warmer waters and I came up with Sterba's Corydoras (Corydoras sterbai). I really like the look of them too!

Sorry, yea, L46. Trying to watch football & type, mix up numbers. :lol: At least it didn't end up as L21-0.

hi, i have 5 leopoldi angels in my 72l they dont get big have great personalities but are quite expensive. Good luck!

Angelfish also have elongated dorsal and Anal fins.The silver variety is the most common coloring of the wild angelfish. The silver contains 4 dark vertical bars running along its sides. The greater amounts of black and the high contrast makes for a stunning fish.

Most reactions

trending

Back