Angelfish Breeding

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Biglog

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got home from work today and found the black angelfish guarding what appears to be eggs but I don't know if they are fertilized or not because the second striped one is just kind of standing there and is sick. Correct me if I am wrong but it definitely looks like the black one is a female because of the breeding tube. I can't see the breeding tube on the striped one so is this because it is also a female and they are not mates or because it is sick? The eggs seem to be the right color and not white although I don't know what the timeframe is for them to turn white after not being fertilized.

Attachments

• tempImageI27mcA.png
    tempImageI27mcA.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
  • tempImagepN2R0V.png
    tempImagepN2R0V.png
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • tempImage3iJ7E6.png
    tempImage3iJ7E6.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • tempImageOFVYZM.png
    tempImageOFVYZM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • tempImage6A9RFo.png
    tempImage6A9RFo.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
The black one definitely looks like the female. The eggs turn color in my experience within a day. I too cannot see the male parts, they are typically quite a bit smaller but are still visible soon after fertilization but not long after. The striped angel does not look well his eye looks quite cloudy. In the photo the eggs look a bit white to me but the female is still fanning them. My angels just spawned yesterday I will compare them to yours. Are you expecting any fry or is this a community tank. I had the best luck keeping the adults with the fry, but for some angels that does not work.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back