Angelfish And Paradise Gourami Problems

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

GouramiGirl87

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've had my tank up since february and since then I bought two paradise gouramis in probably april or may. The guy at Petsmart told me they would be fine together, I heard they would be aggressive. Well bigger one picked on little one got rid of him. So i've had a paradise and an algae eater for a good three months or so. And last nite I got five little angelfish. Two were dead this morning, their eyes were gone. Could that be from my paradise?
I have a 20 gallon tank with a paradise, algae eater, and now two or three little angelfish (maybe 1 1/2 -2 inches max)
HELP!!!!!

I am not totally sure on how agressive paradise gourami's are in general towards fish, but in this case i feel there are other more likely causes to blame. First of all though, we need more info on your situation;
a. How large are each fish? Do you know what type or species of fish your algae eater is at all?
b. How often do you do tank cleaning maintanence and how do you go about it?
c. What do you feed your fish and how much/how often?
d. Are any of your fish displaying unusual symptoms, wether behavioral or physical (agression counts too)?
e. How large were the two dead angel fish?

Male paradise gouramis are often very agressive towards each other and can sometimes kill each other;

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=69734

Small fish can decompose quickly after death- eyes, stomaches and fins are often the first things to go (sometimes as little as under 24hrs), thus after-death symptoms are often no help in diagnosing what the fish died of as they are often not accurate enough to go by.

Most reactions

Back