Angelfish And A Gourami

sic0198

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Right now I am having problems with my fish dying, so for the time being I'm not doing this. Until this problem is dealt with. But at some point I may wanna do this so I'd like some advice.

Would it be alright to put a male dwarf gourami and a marble angelfish together. I've had the gourami since Dec. 10th and I got the angel back last month. I'm asking because I've heard both fish can be territorial and sort of aggressive.
 
I had a gold gourami and 2 angels together in a 40 gallon aquarium, and the gourami dominated the angels-- picking at fins, not letting them eat, etc. Then I upgraded to a 75 gallon tank and the angels grew considerably larger, and consequently took their revenge on the gourami.

I eventually decided to remove the gourami. They can probably co-exist together as mine did, but it's a high stress situation which you probably would want to avoid.
 
I have a DG and Angels, the DG chases them from time to time but they're not bothered by him and he never bites them or anything just a quick chase, they float down he swims over them and they get over it. I think they're fine to keep together as long as you have the space.
 
Hello, Is that about 100L?? > I would predict the dominant one to chase and harrass quite a lot, so maybe look at some sort of alternative
(+Angel may want more room in the long-run..)

Good luck.
 
Right now I am having problems with my fish dying, so for the time being I'm not doing this. Until this problem is dealt with. But at some point I may wanna do this so I'd like some advice.

Would it be alright to put a male dwarf gourami and a marble angelfish together. I've had the gourami since Dec. 10th and I got the angel back last month. I'm asking because I've heard both fish can be territorial and sort of aggressive.
hi i have a large angel and i have just added two dwarf male gourami`s to my tank both being males and i have had no problems my angel is quite large as long as your atnk is big enough and there are plenty of plants for them to hide in there shouldnt be to many problems my fish tend to have there on little areas which they stick to with no problems
 
i was wonderin the same, but with maybe 2 angelfish and 2 female 3 spot gouramis
 
I've got one large & one small angel fish, 2 dwarf gouramis, 1 kissing & two gold, two congo tetras, two yo yo loaches, rather large plec, two silver sharks, two silver dollars and i've never had a problem at all. They all gather together waiting for brekkie apart from the plec obviously. Perhaps i'm lucky and have got placid fish. No ones got nipped fins and there's never any chasing round.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top