Angel fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

There is an issue you need to be aware of and that relates to pairs not necessarily meaning bonded pairs.
When you gather a large, mixed group of angels in a suitably large tank, some of them will pair up and these 'bonded pairs' are quite obvious. These can then be removed and either sold as a bonded pair, or placed in a nice tank in which to breed.
Sometimes, simply putting a male and female together will create a bonded pair, but the amount of luck involved would imply that if you were successful, you should play the lottery. ;)

Aggression between fish in a tank can sometimes be effectively alleviated by simply having space and objects such as wood and/or tall plants, to break up lines of sight.

There is an issue you need to be aware of and that relates to pairs not necessarily meaning bonded pairs.
When you gather a large, mixed group of angels in a suitably large tank, some of them will pair up and these 'bonded pairs' are quite obvious. These can then be removed and either sold as a bonded pair, or placed in a nice tank in which to breed.
Sometimes, simply putting a male and female together will create a bonded pair, but the amount of luck involved would imply that if you were successful, you should play the lottery. ;)

Aggression between fish in a tank can sometimes be effectively alleviated by simply having space and objects such as wood and/or tall plants, to break up lines of sight.
Thanks for the response and sadly my Amazon sword is taking bits time growing cause of the what I think is Blackbeard algae. But I’ve never seen these two angels fight unless I added the small one, then they both start attacking any the bigger one pecks at both, the little guy lives with some guppies in a different tank now

Amazon sword is taking bits time growing cause of the what I think is Blackbeard algae.
If a leaf is totally immersed in an algae, it is sometimes best to just remove it. If you do, use very sharp scissors, so as not to crush the plant when you cut it. (You can get excellent ones from the Beauty Departments in Pharmacists or supermarkets.
Normally, when a plant leaf is damaged, a plant will spend resources on fixing it. If the damaged leaf is removed, those resources will go into producing another leaf instead.

If a leaf is totally immersed in an algae, it is sometimes best to just remove it. If you do, use very sharp scissors, so as not to crush the plant when you cut it. (You can get excellent ones from the Beauty Departments in Pharmacists or supermarkets.
Normally, when a plant leaf is damaged, a plant will spend resources on fixing it. If the damaged leaf is removed, those resources will go into producing another leaf instead.
Oh that’s smart thank you for the response and excellent knowledge

I have a 38 tall with some fish but I wanted to ask all the experienced people if angel fish are appropriate, I had asked a trusted friend and went with it but I’m getting worried it’s not big enough. Thank you for your time and I would love to hear your opinion on the matter
No! Tall tanks are not good for Angels. Now, if it was a 38 long, I would say yes. I have a 20 long, with 2 Angels and they are doing marvelously!

You realize if you have a standard 20 long that means our tanks are same dimensions except mine is taller and a little thicker with more Water in it. So no I’m pretty sure its fine if your angels are doing well like you said.

Angelfish are frustrating like this, can go both ways; I reckon if you can get them a decent plant to immerse themselves they're like a kid in a playground, keeping occupied. From time to time they'll crack the shits and you may have a neon or ender guppy so missing overnight. My wife's the same.

No! Tall tanks are not good for Angels. Now, if it was a 38 long, I would say yes. I have a 20 long, with 2 Angels and they are doing marvelously!
You are either ignorant or obnoxious. Angels can get 8+ inches high and you cannot keep adult angles in a 20 long. Worse stunting frequently happens when an angle is kept in an unsuitable aquarium.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back