Anemone Resource

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I am no expert on Anenomes I have always avoided them due to the horror stories until recently I discovered the Mini Carpet Anenomes (Maxi Mini Anenomes,Stichodactyla tapetum)

These seemed to good to be true medium flow T5 lighting very hardy grow to roughly 4 inches and can come in a wealth of colours.

I happened upon a new shipment into the UK and managed to get the pick of the litter a bright orange and green one.

After aclimtising for the same time as any invert about 90 mins I gently placed him on a rock he soon took hold and within the hour he had backed up into a crevise a firmly secured his foot.

I attempted to feed him on day one but he just ignored the mysis day 2 he greedly took all the mysis in very quickly.

I have not protected by vortech as of yet as I dont think they will migrate that far, but will be keeping a close eye on him I will be keeping my eyes open for addtional ones in the new year as they can come in all colours including pinks and blues.

A couple of things clowns will not host in these they are too small they can sting but there are a lot of people keeping them in with other LPS with no issues.

They can cause a rash when handled but I did not get any issues handling mine.

I will try and post a piccy this evening time allowing.

All in all a good nem for a smaller tank, or great for a colony in a larger tank.

Sorgan are you sure thats a Maxi Mini it looks diffrent to mine and the ones you linked too I would be guessing to say it looks like an Atlantic Anenome but could be wrong.

It was kept in lfs with some maxi's and they all seemed happy and where all touching so I am pretty sure it's the same species just a different colour morph.
If it was a different species they would of been trying to sting each other I think, it behaves like maxi should (from what I've read but I will get a newer pic when I'm home as that was 5 mins after it went into the tank)

Not the greatest picture only with the point and click but here is my Maxi Mini

DSC03725.jpg

Here's a newer picture, it's tips are purple but it's hard to see from the pic
5123d86e.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back