...and You Thought Cats Were Stupid

Zafirah

Fishaholic
Reaction score

And you thought cats were stupid?
Well, heres news buddy, i can prove it.

I kept hearing this noise, and it was ivy. Now, ivy is NOT a skinny cat, she knows were her food comes from, especially her wet food. {{but thats another story}}. So, anyways i kept hearing this noise in the kitchen, and i was like HMM whats awfully funny. So i look into the kitchen and see ivy in there walking around. I watch her for a few more seconds. She walks up to the cabinet door{{under the sink}} and uses her paw to try to pull it open. And, low and behold, thats were her food is located. I walk into the kitchen, {{mind you, she starts meowing like a crazy maniac}} and i open the door{{more meowing, even louder}} and pull out the food{{yes, more meowing}}

Silly kitty just wanted her food.

our two cats know how to take there lid of the dish thay also know when there cold cuts in the fridge too

i went to visit my sister and she was making me a coffee and i noticed a pad lock on the fridge!!!!! i laughing said is that to stop the kids raiding the fridge in the middle of the night and she said no the cat!!!!
he would get on his side and stick his claws into the rubber strip round the door then yank it open and eat the yougart and cheese and ham lol
i was gobsmacked till i saw him do it lol

And you thought cats were stupid?
Well, heres news buddy, i can prove it.

I kept hearing this noise, and it was ivy. Now, ivy is NOT a skinny cat, she knows were her food comes from, especially her wet food. {{but thats another story}}. So, anyways i kept hearing this noise in the kitchen, and i was like HMM whats awfully funny. So i look into the kitchen and see ivy in there walking around. I watch her for a few more seconds. She walks up to the cabinet door{{under the sink}} and uses her paw to try to pull it open. And, low and behold, thats were her food is located. I walk into the kitchen, {{mind you, she starts meowing like a crazy maniac}} and i open the door{{more meowing, even louder}} and pull out the food{{yes, more meowing}}

Silly kitty just wanted her food.

Just a question, why does this prove that cats are stupid? She knows where her food is. She pawed at the door. AND she got YOU to open it and feed her by meowing. To me that isn't being stupid, I think she's got you very well trained. :lol:

No. I was saying cats are smart. And yes, she does have me and my mom VERY well trained

I have one cat that opens the cupboards all the time. He doesn't do it to look for food, he'll just start opening and banging the cupboard doors when he gets bored. The really funny thing is he'll open the doors for the other cat to get in, Dinah will sit next to a door and wait for Bailey to come by and open it up. I may have to get some kind of drawer locks soon though, yesterday I heard an awful racket and went into the kitchen to discover Bailey has figured out how to open the drawers, and was digging around inside . :blink: I swear it's like having fuzzy monkeys on crack in the house. :lol:

One of our cats sticks his paw into the parrots cage and gets it wet in the water bowl then licks it off rather than walk into the Kitchen and get a drink out of his dish.
He also goes crazy round the fridge door when he wants a drink of milk

My cats also open doors and cupboards. I the morning when I let them in for their morning feed I close the kitchen doors so it is easier to find the cats and put them out before going to work. They didnt take long to figure out how to open them and I often come out of the bathroom to find them sitting on my bed looking all innocent. They also used to always be opening the kitchen cupboards when they where smaller but seem to have lost interest in them now :)

When I went on holiday a couple of years ago I put them into a very good cattery to look after them while I was gone. They had their own living space with an inside and an "outside" bit. In the night they where put in the inside bit and the "catflap" between the two sections was closed off. My cats figured out how to undo the catch and left the pnael of wood on the catflap to get out. The women who runs the cattery said she had a minor heart attack when she checked the inside section in the morning to find both cats where gone :)

Most reactions

Back