Amazon sword turning yellow after about a week

bearo

Reaction score
My amazon sword have turned yellow after about a week of planting any recomendations please

Attachments

• 20230214_141052.jpg
    20230214_141052.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20230214_141033.jpg
    20230214_141033.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 28
The yellow leaves will not turn green again so it is best to trim them at the base with sharp scissors. I can't tell from your image but the crown of the plant should not be covered. Rather than disturb the plant, you can take a clean (new) turkey baster and gently blow the substrate away and expose the crown. Try using root tabs to fertilize because they help. Your aquarium looks new, are there any fish in the tank? There is much information on this site about plants so you might search there too.

The yellow leaves will not turn green again so it is best to trim them at the base with sharp scissors. I can't tell from your image but the crown of the plant should not be covered. Rather than disturb the plant, you can take a clean (new) turkey baster and gently blow the substrate away and expose the crown. Try using root tabs to fertilize because they help. Your aquarium looks new, are there any fish in the tank? There is much information on this site about plants so you might search there too.
Thanks for the info tank is not new but the filter is and yes i have fish i have just put seachem flourish tabs in hope they will help

Good deal. You have a really nice aquarium. The plants take some time to acclimate to a new environment.

I agree with others here. The Flourish Tabs are excellent, I used them with swords for 12+ years.

I would not be quick to remove the yellowing leaves however, unless the base of the stem at the crown is brown and thus dead. If the leaf is still attached to the crown and white, the plant is able to transfer what we call mobile nutrients to new leaves.

I would also like to see new leaf growth, which will be from the centre of the crown. This should come.

Most reactions

Back