AMAZING survival story

TorPeteO

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well, this story definitely MY fish's most amazing one. Way back on July 26th, my swordtail had fry. I managed to find one of them and pick it up into the hospital net. I assumed that was it, all the others had been eaten by the mother or sucked up by the filter.

Earlier today, though (the 2nd of August), I was transferring some gravel from my established community tank into my new tank (which will have a puffer in it). So I scooped some up, brought it upstairs, and poured it into my new tank. About 30 minutes later, I was looking in the new tank, and I saw a little fry in it. I thought the poor thing was dead, but then it flicked its little tail, and I was absolutely amazed. He's now hiding in the breeding net, continuing what he's done to survive so far.

I've compiled a list of what the little guy's gone through;

1. Birth
2. Its mother trying to eat it
3. One week deking out corys to find bits of food at the tank's bottom
4. Being scooped up in one container
5. Being poured from that container into another container
6. Being poured from the SECOND container into a new tank
7. Living in the new tank, with a reading of 10 ppm of Nitrates, 5.0+ ppm of nitrites, and 0.50 ppm of ammonia, for 30 minutes.
8. Being scooped out of that tank and re-placed into the established community tank, into the breeding net with another fry.

All in all, it's an amazing story of survival. I'm considering selling the rights to Disney for a full-length animated feature.

I'm considering selling the rights to Disney for a full-length animated feature.

LMFAO!!!!!

Thats a truly amazing story of survival. Livebearers seem to be able to go through alot thats for sure! I hope it grows up to be a lovely tough fish!

Ben

Most reactions

Back