Am I Using The Right Food ?

jimmyringo

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 11, 2008
Messages
300
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Derry,Ireland
My fish are listed below.I'm currently feeding King British Tropical Flakes and ,2 or 3 times a week,freeze-dried bloodworm.I've just this week started using Hikari Tropical Micro Wafers as an alternative to the flakes.I was thinking of chucking in a bit of cucumber.
Does that sound okay?
Also,how much of the bloodworm should i be putting in,i hear it causes constipation.
 
sounds fine, cucumber doesn't hold much nutritional value as it is mainly water, cougette (sp?) is better as for bloodworm, not to much as you said it does cause constipation, i used one frozen block to keep all my fish, thats 2 bettas my juvi guppies then the rest goes into my livebearer tank
 
I would use frozen foods which are better - they dont make such a mess of your tank like the dried. just defrost a cube or 2 depending on how many fish you have for 10 mins and pour off the liquid. I feed mine frozen bloodworm, frozen shrimp brine and daphnia every other day and alternate it with a good quality flake food. I also feed algae wafers a few times a week. You feed as much as they will eat in a few minutes - you can tell when they start to lose interest then you stop! I feed mine once a day - none of mine seem to be constipated!

As for fruit and veg try it and see! My gourami loves banana and cucumber, everyone likes peas and my plec and shrimps love sweet potatoe, peppers, courgettes and cucumber.

I also feed fresh minced beef and also shredded cooked prawns (when im going to cook some for our dinner) and tinned tuna from my sandwhich - all of which are fought over by all my fish and amano shrimps!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top