Am I In Trouble?

mwojo586

New Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was told by my retailer that they would be fine. But I have completely cycled my tank and have had a couple of cory's and an albino rainbow shark in there for about a week. After more water tests I was ready to added a few more fish. I added 6 Odessa Barbs and 5 Clown barbs. I was a little worried about the cory's but I was told nothing to really be concerned with. My shark however, hasn't really stopped chasing them since they have been implemented in. Is this going to continue, if so is there anything I can do? (I dont have a second tank atm) Or will they eventually chill out?
 
Your biggest mistake was adding the shark first, now it sees all newcomers as threats coming into 'his' territory and therefore is acting aggressive towards them.
You could try removing the shark, changing the layout of the tank and then reintroducing it, resetting its territory in the process.

What size tank is this btw? clown and odessa barbs gt to a decent size so hopefully you have around a 240L to accommodate them when they are bigger.
 
Your biggest mistake was adding the shark first, now it sees all newcomers as threats coming into 'his' territory and therefore is acting aggressive towards them.
You could try removing the shark, changing the layout of the tank and then reintroducing it, resetting its territory in the process.

What size tank is this btw? clown and odessa barbs gt to a decent size so hopefully you have around a 240L to accommodate them when they are bigger.


It's 30 gallon.. But I am currently in the process of saving and almost ready to start building something in the range of 90gallon, fully planted. Hopefully within 6 months.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top