Alien Encounters !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chunkster

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

Whilst cleaning my filter last night i noticed some strange transparent slug type things on the heater ? i have started to plant the tank using real plants and started to get snails (which are not a problem) .

Just wondered if these "slugs" have any impact on the fish or if they can be removed easily ??

If they are tiny, like the length of this dash _, then I know what you mean. I think they are caused by overfeeding, someone can probably clear this up?

I believe they are harmless....

Hi everyone ,

Whilst cleaning my filter last night i noticed some strange transparent slug type things on the heater ? i have started to plant the tank using real plants and started to get snails (which are not a problem) .

Just wondered if these "slugs" have any impact on the fish or if they can be removed easily ??

Hi,

I have a Fluval 3+ and when I clean that I have lots of clear gel like splodges in there also there a lot of snails nearby so I assume they must be the egg sacs. I just wiped them away in the bucket of tank water that I used to clean the filter.

Rich

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back