Algae E Tennelus Tools And Ottos

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I've no idea about this suggestion, just something i've vaguely noticed while mooching general fish stuff;
Garlic seems to be oft feted as an appetite stimulant, many people (apparently) use it to make food more attractive to fish, maybe you could try smearing the courgette with a nice juicy clove of garlic and see if this makes a difference?
Can't hurt to try....

Have you any space for more fish in your tank?
I'd consider adding more oto's which may be seen by some as a bit perverse considering the 2 you have currently aren't eating but i'd have thought this'd make them more comfortable.
In my loach tank they always eat their courgette, algae wafers etc. in a group; being nervous, shoaling fish maybe this is part of the problem?
thanks everyone ill try boiling the courgette and rubbing garlic on it, ive got garlic in the garden wild so ill just use some of that, garlic as conditioning would make sense my mum feeds our horses on it for conditioning I should imagine its just the same.
riccia is hellish, and I agree boring id really like to see someone use rare plants to do a tank you get bored of seeing the same stuff all the time.
for my next tank I want to try a boulder strewn floor with some twigs and glosso or somthing similar think rounded igwami.
Next time I'm down P@H ill call in and get 2 more otto's bringing it up to 4, I don't think this will affect my stocking too much and I should still be able to have the 10 neons I was intended to stock.

Most reactions

Back