Air Bubbles

Neptune350

Reaction score
I am currently in the proccess of establishing my new 46 gallon tank (fishless of course). I have an air pump connected to an air stone that is causing a ton of tiny air bubbles to float all around the tank. These are more than just the bubbles that rise to the top. They are everywhere and bubbles are forming on the plants. Is the too much Oxygen? I am also running a Penguin 330. It has been suggested that I do not need the air stone or pump because the filter sufficiently stirs the water. Is this true? Help!!

:hi: to the forum,I'm sure someone will answer your problem :thumbs:

welcome, if ya dont get a answer here try posting it on the tropical fish begginers or problems page :thumbs:

I personally would say this is not a problem as once you add your fish they will need the oxygen. Also it helps the plants to grow better

Hi Neptune350 :)

Welcome to the forum! :hi:

If you have a filter that causes the surface of the water to move a bit, chances are that you don't need an airstone as well. These days, airstones are often used for their pleasant appearance. If yours is creating too many bubbles, you might want to buy a valve to put on the airline to reduce the amount of air coming into the tank.

This is an example of one:

http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/produc...ategory_id=2367

Enjoy your stay on the forum. :D

When I first set up my tank I had bubbles everywhere, filter box, plants etc. I have an air curtain at the back of the tank. I cycled with fish (didn't know about fishless until too late) but as soon as I put my first fish into the tank the bubbles that stuck to everything dissappeared.

Don't think you have a problem, and I don't believe you can give too much oxygen.

Good luck with your tank and welcome :cool: :cool:

Hiya Neptune! Welcome to the forum :D

I have had a similar problems (ex. water changes, starting a new tank) and have found that the bubbles dissipate in a few. I wouldn't worry too much.

Most reactions

Back