Aggressive Pleco: Rehome With My Dp?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So last week I finished off my stocking by buying a BN Pleco. This one is smaller then my last and I am worried that he is causing aggression for the previous one. Today I did a 30% water change followed by a feeding. I tend to feed a mixture of foods so everyone can have some. I fed a mixture of Bloodworm/Flakes/Shrimp Pellets/Chiclid Pellets to my 30 (stocking in sig). Suddenly the pleco attacked all the bottom feeders and chased pretty much the rest of the fish. What I am curious about is if this will be fine and leave it be or rehome the smaller BN to my 10 gallon with my 2 DP. The Dp tank should work since the DP while somewhat aggressive twords each other (nothing more then a quick chase) never touched my Oto or ghost shrimp. The BN would also clean up the extra blood worms not eaten by the DP (hard to feed them as always).

Which would be more ideal?
 
Im pretty sure they are both female since neither have little if any bristles on the mouths. The larger one I'd say in an inch larger the the smaller. oddly I have yet to see a male BN,
 

Most reactions

Back
Top