ADF Food?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Shark Bait

Reaction score
What do most people feed their African Dwarf Frogs? It will be in a tank with Tetras and other fish that eat up their food in less than 2 minutes, and there's not much that gets to the bottom. I do have a Cory Cat and a CAE that eat Algae discs that I drop to the bottom, but even some of the other fish try to get in on that treat. I can't imagine that my frog would not get his fill if he doesn't move quick, and I can't think of what would be a good food to feed him that would be best for him and wouldn't be eaten by the other fish before he could get to it. Any ideas?

Mine relishes blood worms, brine shrimp, and dried tubifex worms. he also eats flakes. The worms and shrimp were frozen, by the way.

Hi Shark Bait :)

HBH makes a product called "Frog and Tadpole Bites." which is an excellent food for ADF. They are very tiny pellets.

One of the main problems people seem to have when keeping ADF with fish is that the fish are faster then the frogs when it comes to getting the food. :eek:

All you can do is watch them and, if it becomes necessary, move them to another tank where there will be less competition. This is not as big a problem as it might seem, however. Two of them do well in a gallon of water if it is kept clean. :D

Also, my ADF eats out of a turkey baster! If the other fish eat the food yo give the frog, you might want to try using a turkey baster to feed him. Just place the baster with the food in front of his face and he'll start pecking at it and he'll lunge at the food like a viper once you squirt some out. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back