Adding Nitrate Rich Water?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mattyeatsmatts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So guys, my 30L is just about done cycling and as usual the Nirtates are really high.

My question is, would I be able to to transfer some of the nitrate water into my New 8L to encourage growth?
I have a lot of moss in there atmo are really want it to grow fast before I get some CRS, would this natural fert be a good idea or would the used water be just too bad quality.

Note: No fish/shrimps in either tanks(apart from 3 MTS in my 30L)

Thanks

So guys, my 30L is just about done cycling and as usual the Nirtates are really high.

My question is, would I be able to to transfer some of the nitrate water into my New 8L to encourage growth?
I have a lot of moss in there atmo are really want it to grow fast before I get some CRS, would this natural fert be a good idea or would the used water be just too bad quality.

Note: No fish/shrimps in either tanks(apart from 3 MTS in my 30L)

Thanks

I personally wouldn't for two reasons - The first would be because you'd be transferring anything else that's in the water, which if bad you really didn't need to. The 2nd is as far as the plants are concerned the water really is only nitrate rich, you're still [possibly] missing all the other elements - Phosphorous, Potassium, [Calcium-magnesium], Iron, copper etc etc.....

IMO

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back