About ready to give up on DIY CO2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@ombomb

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I have tried differenet recipes / different amounts of yeast / different sizes of bottles and whatever I do, I just can't seem to maintain a steady supply of CO2 into my tank.

Can anyone recommend a pressurised system which is suitable for a 200 litre tank.

I'm planning on moving the inhabitants of my current tank to a much bigger one (650ish litres) early next year, do you think it's worth buying one for that capacity now, or buying a smaller one and then doubling up when I get my new tank? The current tank will become a Cichlid / SW tank so CO2 won't be an issues.

COMFORT LINE COMPACT CO2 KIT (for aquaria up to 250 litres) from here: http://www.newleafaquarium.com/frameset.html is the one I have been looking at.

gf will definatly love you if you buy one of those, id go for a bigger kit myself, but i guess it all depends on how rich you are, your probably loaded so definatly the bigger one :D

I have the CLASSIC LINE EXCLUSIVE CO2 KIT 500G (for aquaria up to 600 litres) and even though it is not running yet i would still swear by it

I bought mine because i didnt want the hassle of making up the mixtures all the time, you can see pictures of it in my journal

I also bought the pH controller and the solonoide valve so i can just set it up and dont have to worry about it :D

If i was considering a very large tank in the future, 650 liters is very large, its over 150 gallons, you would have to have a bigger co2 cylinder than the 500 or 600 gram, you would need a 5-10lb regular cylinder or you would be filling up the smaller one every month or so on a tank that size.

Well...

My last attempt at a decent CO2 mix seems to be working VERY well. Refilled both the DIY reactors today and they are both pumping it out! Not sure how long they will continue, but will let it settle and taste how much is actually in the water.

Assuming it's OK, I'll hold off on the pressurised system until I actually get the tank.

Well since I stopped smoking, my taste buds have really come into their own :p

I would probably have more luck tasting the water, as aquatics-online tried to deliver my new KH kit when I was out and the courier company are refusing to answer the phone.

It was amazing last night though, my plants weren't just pearling, there were trails of bubbles of them to the surface of the tank from the Amazon Sword and the Vallis!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back