A Question Of Mixing...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rabbut

I don't bite, all that often...
Reaction score
As the title says realy, would a Bicolour or Red Spot Flymo Blenny be ok in a 70l (24" long, 15" wide, 12" tall) tank, along side a Royal Gramma and a pair of Tangerine Clownfish? I know the Bicolour blenny is probibly small enough, but I am concerned about the possibility of the Gramma having a go since it is a "similar" looking fish... :unsure: I know very little about the Red Spot Flymo's, other than they look cool, as they don't appear in my books, even under other common names...

Thanks
Rabbut

Red spot flymo blenny - Istiblennius chrysospilos Lovely looking fish

Scientific Name Istiblennius chrysospilos
Reef Compatible - Yes
Care Level - Intermediate
Disposition - Peaceful
Min. Tank Size - 30 gallons
Mature Size - 5 inches
Diet - Herbivore
Range Indo-Pacific, Africa

Might be bit to big.

Yer, tis a bit on the large side is 5". Swizz, loverly looking fish :nod: Thanks Trod :good:

Anyone got any comments on the Bicolor mixing with a Royal Gramma?

All the best
Rabbut

So nobody knows about the Bicolour and the Gramma?
from what ive read it possibly isnt a good idea due to the fact that royal grammas dont take to their own species to well, or those looking similar, very well.
so IMO it might not be the right thing to do.

That's what my gut is telling me Truck, but I wanted to know for shure :nod: Thanks for the responce :good:

Agree on this one, mixing the same color and body type is a recipe for disaster in the marine world, even if they are different species. Similar example, yellow tang plus foxface lo = bad idea...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back