A Good Website

BOD

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Has anybody got anygood websites that give you rough ideas of what fish go in tank sizes.

I have a 35Uk or 42 US gallon, if anybody can reccommend some nice fishes.

Its noteasy to simply recomend the number of fish that will fit into a tank. Each fish has individual requirments. Tey also have different eatng habits and differing amounts of waste material from them. There are relatively small fish that give off quite high waste products and thus you need to be careful on the strain you place on the filtration. There are also some quite large fish that need very little space and/or small productrs due to their very nature.

Basically if we look at the standard fish that most people keep then i would suggest clowns, dottybacks, chromis, small wrasse dwarf and pygmy angels.

Sorry i didnt mean like I ment like a website that says clownfish minimum tank size 20G or somthing so I dont go buying say a fish that needs a minimum tank of 100G or something. Just wondred if anybody had a good site which says something like that.

No matter what the shops tell you , dont put a tang in anything under 100 gallons (perhaps a bristletooth in a 70 gallon ).

Large angels are out etc.

Dwarf angels and pygmys are great.
What you need to do is to look at the requirements of the fish in the wild. If the fish only needs a small amount of space then you are likely to be ok in a small tank, clowns for example probably never stray farther than a couple of feet from their anenome in the wild and thus they will get away with smaller tanks in the home also.

Tangs and large angels on the other hand will swim for many miles each day and thus they need far larger systems to make them feel more comfortable.

cool thanks for the advice!

Most reactions

Back