What's new

A good day in the desert

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
Ok. I know the area. We lived in Worland briefly. We really miss taking the kids to Thermop and Sunshine.
Yeah, most of the Bighorn Basin isn't the prettiest part of Wyoming, IMO, but still, I bet Ohio was kind of a letdown...

Yeah, most of the Bighorn Basin isn't the prettiest part of Wyoming, IMO, but still, I bet Ohio was kind of a letdown...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I will have to respectfully disagree. The Bighorn Basin isn't Jackson, fair enough, and most of the towns are run down, but you have great views all around with the Bighorns to the east, Absarokas to the west, Wind River to the south and Sheep mountain to the north. And I love high plains desert.

Ohio isn't a letdown. It's a different kind of beauty. Where I live is rolling hills with lots of hardwoods. My family lives closer to WV, so more mountainous.

Ohio does have the benefit of convenience. I hate big cities, but when we need something or want to go to a concert or zoo, we're only an hour and a half away from two metropolitan areas, yet we still live in a town half the size of Worland.

Well, that doesn't sound so bad. :) I've never been there. We've threatened various times to move somewhere in the midwest, where land is less expensive and gardening is less challenging. The forests are beautiful.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back