WillyRBeek
Fish Fanatic
I currently have 2 25 gallon tanks. 1 is my community tank, which features an angel fish, a dwarf gourami, a BN plec, and a number of other smaller fish. My other tank features 3 female gourami's and 3 BN plec's.
I bought my angel fish for the community tank before I was aware of how large they got(They don't bother telling you that at the LFS). I got the angel fish when it was quite small, but it's starting to reach the point now where it's becoming aggressive because it's far and away the largest fish in the tank(It's only about 3 inches long, but compared to the other fish, that's huge). Lately it's really begun to chase after the poor dwarf gourami, and I realize it's only a matter of time now before I start to notice some of my tetra's going missing.
This bring me to my problem: I obviously can't keep the angel fish in this tank for too much longer, but from what i've been told they aren't compatible with gourami's, and besides that, even if they were, that would end up overcrowding that tank as the fish mature farther. On the other side though, I don't want to just take the little fella back to the Pet Store because that's an almost certain death sentence for what has become my favorite of all my fish. I've kicked around the idea of taking the gouramis back, and moving the angel fish over to that tank by itself(Well, with the plecs). On the other side though, I don't want to take my gourami's back either, as i've also grown quite fond of them, so I just don't know what to do!
Both of my tanks are about 16-17 inches tall, and i've been told that is probably not tall enough for an angel fish that is full grown to comfortably survive in, but I figure i've got at least another year or 2 before he reaches that size, and I do plan on purchasing a much larger tank sometime within that time frame, so that really shouldn't be an issue.
Obviously there's no real right or wrong answer here to what I should do, but since i've been posting here i've developed a ton of respect for many of the posters on this forum, and any input or advice you could come up that could make my decision easier with would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I bought my angel fish for the community tank before I was aware of how large they got(They don't bother telling you that at the LFS). I got the angel fish when it was quite small, but it's starting to reach the point now where it's becoming aggressive because it's far and away the largest fish in the tank(It's only about 3 inches long, but compared to the other fish, that's huge). Lately it's really begun to chase after the poor dwarf gourami, and I realize it's only a matter of time now before I start to notice some of my tetra's going missing.
This bring me to my problem: I obviously can't keep the angel fish in this tank for too much longer, but from what i've been told they aren't compatible with gourami's, and besides that, even if they were, that would end up overcrowding that tank as the fish mature farther. On the other side though, I don't want to just take the little fella back to the Pet Store because that's an almost certain death sentence for what has become my favorite of all my fish. I've kicked around the idea of taking the gouramis back, and moving the angel fish over to that tank by itself(Well, with the plecs). On the other side though, I don't want to take my gourami's back either, as i've also grown quite fond of them, so I just don't know what to do!
Both of my tanks are about 16-17 inches tall, and i've been told that is probably not tall enough for an angel fish that is full grown to comfortably survive in, but I figure i've got at least another year or 2 before he reaches that size, and I do plan on purchasing a much larger tank sometime within that time frame, so that really shouldn't be an issue.
Obviously there's no real right or wrong answer here to what I should do, but since i've been posting here i've developed a ton of respect for many of the posters on this forum, and any input or advice you could come up that could make my decision easier with would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
/www.eastcoastaquariumsociety.ca/for...cas_contact.php






