A Dwarf Gourami friend?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Dawi03

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Iā€™ve recently added a neon Dwarf Gourami to my 25 gallon and in a few weeks I want to either add a decent centrepiece fish or another dwarf as a mate for him.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all? Iā€™ve got 12 neon tetras in there as well :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• D1C2A20E-B9B6-49AD-A162-FA807D9249F2.jpeg
    D1C2A20E-B9B6-49AD-A162-FA807D9249F2.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 78
Another dwarf gourami could be trouble, depending upon the gender of the one you have, and/or its disposition. Same holds for the new fish. Gourami males are territorial, and one will consider this tank his space.

Another dwarf gourami could be trouble, depending upon the gender of the one you have, and/or its disposition. Same holds for the new fish. Gourami males are territorial, and one will consider this tank his space.
I thought as much I just heard they love to swim in pairs. Happy not to get another just want some other stocking options

I thought as much I just heard they love to swim in pairs. Happy not to get another just want some other stocking options

If they get along, they would love to swim together, ;) but that is the question. As for other fish species, you have a wide range with very soft water, but once again the question of the gourami comes up...his temperament to other fish, and of course any other fish must not be inclined to fin nip.

"A male and female could pair up and breed often, making this a good option. A single male with multiple females or single male alone are also possible. "
from https://helpusfish.com/1/17/do-dwarf-gouramis-need-to-be-in-pairs.html

but as Byron said you need some good luck to find a pair
most stores allow returns withina week or two
Iā€™m happy not to get another if itā€™s going to cause imbalance, but just not sure what else I can put with these two species

Iā€™m happy not to get another if itā€™s going to cause imbalance, but just not sure what else I can put with these two species
pygmy cories, pygmy pepper cories or more of the schooling fish you already have(from the photo in your other post im assuming neons or cardinals)
maybe a snail.
i recommend nerites.

Thanks so you donā€™t recommend another centrepiece fish at all? Just some bottom dwellers?

I donā€™t think I want any more neons

Thanks so you donā€™t recommend another centrepiece fish at all? Just some bottom dwellers?

I donā€™t think I want any more neons
i do recommend another gourami actually...
yeah just pygmy cories

I'd see the DG as centrepiece fish and build the tank "around" him. More plants and floaters are advisable for this species.

As said add more plants. Wait for the DG to setlle down and then decide what to add. Are they all artificial plants ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back