A Clean Slate!

sjcneedshelp123

New Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 100 litre tank currently being very boring and ive decided that it needs a new lease of life! however, i have a few questions/things i need to clarify for myself:

1. I have a Fluval 3 internal filter at the moment, i havent had any problems as such but im thinking of buying an external filter, just to increase tank capacity/have a less 'messy' interior/increase the water quality. - would you say that an external filter makes a huge difference to the quality of the tank or is an unnecessary expense?

2. The more exciting stuff! stocking - as i said i have about 100 litres to play with, maybe 90 after bogwood/substrate. Id like a community tank, however not the stereotypical neons/bettas/you get my drift. im liking cichlids at the moment but will forego this in order to have a more generally interesting tank.

So, any suggestions for my project? use your imagination!

Cheers, SJC
 
rams can go in comunity tanks and there cichlids or you could get wat i want to get some cockatoo Apistos that are going in with platys
 
I like external/HOB filters, just because it makes the inside of the tank look "cleaner," and like you said, removing an internal filter will give you more water volume for your fish.

I dont know how the water quality will differ from internal to external, IMO it just seems like an external filter will be easier to maintain/clean.

-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top