8 Gold Barbs - Free - Swindon / Wiltshire

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FlyingFish78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Age and condition: Approximately 6 months old. Superb condition!
Quantity for sale: 8.
Reason for Sale: Inappropriate species for my tank.
Delivery or Collection: Both.
Sales price: FREE (To good home). Willing to Ship (Yes or No): No.
Photograph:

Gold_Barb_Puntius_semifasciolatus_6.jpg

I'm giving away 8 beautiful Gold Barbs FREE OF CHARGE to a good home.

We've owned these fish since January and have taken good care of them. The fish are in excellent health and are showing superb size and coloration.

Gold Barb facts:

Latin name: Puntius Semifasciolatus.
Size: 65 – 75 mm.
Colour: Gold/Yellow with black patches.
Reproduction: Egg layers.
Feeding: Easily fed but prefers a varied diet.
Compatibility: Very peaceful community fish and will get along well with a variety of tank-mates. Probably the most peaceful of the Barbs. Avoid placing with shy fish because Gold Barbs can, at times, be extremely active and nosy.
Temperature: 16 – 24 °C.
pH: 6.0 – 8.0.

The reason we're giving the fish away is because I recently added some extremely small fish, called Ember Tetras, to the aquarium. Embers are very shy fish and the presence of the much larger (2.5 inches) and highly active Barbs is causing the Embers to hide out at the back of the tank.

I have come to consider these fish as my pets and I will only give them away if I'm sure they are going to a GOOD HOME and will be well cared for. This is why I insist upon chatting with you on the phone before delivering the fish. Please message me first and we'll arrange a phone call.

Please note that these fish require a large aquarium, so please don't contact me unless your tank is at least 90cm long. I would also prefer them to be housed in an aquarium with natural plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back