7.5 Gallon Cube Stocking Ideas?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Thelizardkin

Reaction score
I currently have a 7.5 gallon 12" cube sumped mixed reef I plan on upgrading some time in the next month and want to put something in the tank and I was wondering what you guys segest it's already drilled so I'll have a 10g sump I was thinking a pair of apistogramma possibly or some dwarf tetras or killifish and I want some advice thank you

Mixed reef? The fish you listed aren't saltwater. No saltwater fish will live in a 7.5
If you change to freshwater that's another story. You could have maybe a betta shrimp snails or guppies shrimp snails.

TallTree01 said:
Mixed reef? The fish you listed aren't saltwater. No saltwater fish will live in a 7.5
If you change to freshwater that's another story. You could have maybe a betta shrimp snails or guppies shrimp snails.
The tank is currently a reef I plan to upgrade it in the next few months once the coral starts getting too big once that happens I'm going to turn the cube into a planted freshwater tank sorry if I wasn't more clear plus the planted tank will be sumped so I'll have around 15ish gallons of h20

I've always wanted to try these guys - Microrasbora Erythromicron

But your tank might be a touch on the small size as they need to be kept in big groups 15+

While the sump provides extra filtration it doesn't provide extra space for semi aggresive fish such as these

I am going to be trying out Heterandria formosa...I think they're pretty neat :)

So would a apistogramma be out? What about a school of dwarf tetras? I plan on having the tank be heavily planted with massive h20 changes

Any cichlids are 2 big or active for a 7.5g. My advice is get a betta or guppies and some snails

As a rule of thumb you should be able to keep 1 inch of fish per gallon of water so you can have around 7 1/2 inches of fish in this tank, remembering that's fully grown fish not the size you buy them at.

As it's quite small some of the suggestions above are not practical, even if the fish fit into the measurements, e.g. dwarf cichlids.

I'd look at a single Betta, some mountain minnows or some other small tetra and some shrimp and if you want some snails too.

Edit: I've just had a quick browse through the Betta section and there are a few people with greater knowledge of Bettas than I have saying they'd just keep the Betta with a few low level fish like Corys.

So to amend the above, either a Betta and say 5 corys or some small Tetras/Minnows, the corys and some shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back