65 L Tank Stocking Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

balajake

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm about to start a fishless cycle in my 65 l tank, just waiting on ammonia. i'm planning for it to be heavily planted with mopani wood and im really torn about stocking. my thinking so far is

a breeding pair of peacock gobies
5 or 10 red rili shrimp
10 chilli mosquito rasboras

im unsure if the above is even compatible so would appreciate some help. i like unusual fish and i want small and stunning. i don't want tetras or barbs.
as ive had them before

or

some dwarf puffers (no sure if i can keep anything else with them)

I'm about to start a fishless cycle in my 65 l tank, just waiting on ammonia. i'm planning for it to be heavily planted with mopani wood and im really torn about stocking. my thinking so far is

5 or 10 red rili shrimp

im unsure if the above is even compatible so would appreciate some help. i like unusual fish and i want small and stunning. i don't want tetras or barbs.
as ive had them before

or

yeah dp can be nippy little buggers.some people have kept them with shrimp with no problems.but it can be risky.i think they are great fish tho. :good:

i dont have to have shrimp so thats fine as i wouldn't want them to be a snack lol, i want a heavily planted home for some little stunners and just hoping to get the right balance. thanks for the help :good:

I have a 64 litre and have 6 harlequin rasboras, 2 male guppies, 2 oto's and 1 neon tetra. I'm going to get more Neons and another Oto. Harlequins are nice little fish i have a black background on my tank and it really makes their colours look bright.

my background is a heavily planted setup. ive ordered my plants and fertiliser. im waiting on ammonia too for my cycle

5 or 10 red rili shrimp

as ive had them before

or

Re the first option. Either 4 or 6 peacocks and PLENTY of caves or something else as well. Maybe a small shoal of panda cories.

I've got lots of green roof slate ready to smash up for caves and my plants are coming next week. i'm going to get some photos of all my wood and slate. i have coconut caves but its not really the look in going for and they take up lots of room. im going to start dosing ammonia tonight as i managed to get some kleen off.

i have 6 peppered cories in my main tank but want them to stay there. are you suggesting the cories instead or the shrimp or the chili rasboras- or instead of both ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back