63g Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

idlefingers

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've currently got 1 black and white percula clown and 1 midas blenny in my 63g [reef] tank. I'm having difficulties trying to come up with a stocking plan and would like some opinions and suggestions for new additions.

I had a little shortlist of fish I like the look of and wanted to research more but I keep changing it and just can't decide. Some ideas I've had are; Coral Beauty, Royal Gramma, Banggai Cardinal, Pyjama Cardinal, Firefish and Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse.

So what should I keep?! I like the idea of a small group of pyjama cardinals but I'm not sure if my tank's big enough.

Help!!

Well my only thoughts are that the Coral Beauty is a risk as they can be coral nippers and I'm not sure about 2 cardinalfish... Might have aggression issues there, might not. If you do decide to do it, add them simultaneously.

I read here that the coral beauty may nip at clam mantles and lps corals but I don't plan on keeping either of those so hopefully I could get away with it?

I didn't think I'd have enough space for a decent sized group of cardinals.. That's them out of the question.

CB's also sometimes like to nip at SPS, especially pocillipora, stylophora, and millepora

I don't plan (at the moment, at least) on keeping sps or lps corals.. I want to keep it more simple with softies so unless it turns on them as well, it should be fine, right?

Any other suggestions for alternative, nice looking, peaceful fish?

orchid dottyback! and get the carpenters its such a lush bold fish. most reef safe wrasses are colourful stay smallish and peaceful!!

a shoal of alenn demsels or blue star damsels there called one of them i think, peaceful and nice in a shoal.

orchid dottyback! and get the carpenters its such a lush bold fish. most reef safe wrasses are colourful stay smallish and peaceful!!

a shoal of alenn demsels or blue star damsels there called one of them i think, peaceful and nice in a shoal.

I've read bad things about the dottyback being aggressive which I'm trying to avoid. Also, I just read that the carpenters wrasse should be the first addition to the tank because it gets bullied easily so I dunno if that's possible now.

btw, is this 63 UK gallons or US gallons? ;)

US gallons

If you don't plan to have corals (or even if you do...) then some smaller butterflyfishes would make a colourful addition. Also Canthigaster puffers.

orchid dottybacks are really peaceful as dottybacks!!! make sure it has a black line through its eye and its the peaceful orchid, the strawberrys the agreesive one ...

carpenters i added mine late on and it wasnt even bullied by my puffer ....

Yeah, with only a handful of fish in there now, you can still add the wrasse :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back