60L Catfish Aquarium

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

botia

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi guys

i was wondering what catfish would be good to go in a 60-70L aquarium ive already got 2 albino corys in it but I plan to get more. would a banjo catfish fit in the tank.

What are the dimensions of the tank, OP?

Yes, that's really a little bit small for a banjo, as they can get to 15cms; I know they're not very active, but that's still half the width of your tank!

well then what other catfish could i put in the tank with corys And glass catfish :huh:

You should really get more cories, and a sand substrate if you don't already.

Do you have the glass cats already? I'd consider your tank suitable for them only as a species set -up; they do get quite big (10cms or so).

Something like otocinclus or pygmy cories would fir in; you could do with a bigger tank if you want most catfish tbh.

would 3-4 panda corys, 3-4 sterbai corys, 3-4 jullii corys and 3-4 albinos fit, if not how many would fit.

Well, if your tank is 70l, that's 15 gallons which gives you, roughly, 15 inchs of fish to play with.

Your average cory grows to around two inches, so you're looking at a maximum stocking of about 7 or 8 corys. It's always preferable to keep more of one species that lots of different ones.

Most reactions

Back