60 Litre

Ace Of Spades

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
2,794
Reaction score
3
Points
38
Location
GB
Just thought id do a quick update as I bought a API Master Test kit today so have tested my water for the first time in about 2-3 Months, so anyway here are the results:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
PH: 8.0

Fish:
4x Platys (2M 2F)
1x Blue Ram
6x Harlequin Rasboras
3x Khuli Loaches
3x BBG

Filtration: TetraTec EX600 External Canister Filter, So this gives me 10x Turnover

Any Comments and Critiscism welcome :D

p.s Hopefully get my camera Fixed soon
 
Ok just realised I need to lower m PH urgently, my tap water is 7.4 and Tank water 8.0 I need to lower it for the blue ram.....is it best just to do a 50% water change or any other suggestions?
 
I wouldn't try and alter the pH urgently, I think it would be better over a period of time, any quicker and it could shock the fish. Is there any reason why you need to change the pH now? If the fish has been happy at 8 then you have time on your hands, if indeed you need to change pH at all.

To lower pH I would add bogwood or peat in the filters, also remove whats in your tank thats causing the pH to rise (if possible).
 
What kind of substrate do you have? If you have clacium based substrate, this can considerably higher the pH of your tap water.

Nevermind mate got it sorted, substrate is play sand thanks tho :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top