5 gallon tank

Aqua_Princess64

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have an old 5 gallon tank and I'm thinking about starting it up again and putting a betta and 2 or 3 ADF's or cories in it. If I had a betta and 2-3 cories would it be overcrowding? Would the cories be lonely because I've heard that they should be in groups of 6 or more? Would these fish/frogs be compatible?
Thanks,
Aqua

Hi Aqua_Princes64 :)

It would depend on whether you want to keep a cycled tank or not. :unsure:

If you plan to empty it and clean it regularly, a betta and 2 or 3 ADFs would be good. But, only if you plan to set it up permanently and cultivate bacteria to keep it in balance would I suggest corys and a betta.

Most corys are substantial fish and a 5 gallon tank is small. Two grown bronze corys (or 3 panda corys) and one betta would be about all it would support.

ADFs are cute little things and I'm really happy with mine. :nod: For more information about them, click on the link in my signature. :D

Yea, I've had ADF's b4 so I know about them. I've never had corys before, though.
Thanks for all the help!!

I've got my cory by himself and he seems to be doing fine (he's in the five gallon). I know they're very social creatures, but the cory I put in the 50 died, so I'm waiting for it to cycle.

Anywho, just remember that bettas produce just as much waste as any other fish, so plan accordingly. You could also try getting pygmy or panda cories b/c they only get to 1"-1 1/2".

HTH :D

Most reactions

Back