5 Gallon Dwarf Puffer Setup

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nikkifro8994 said:
I'll probably add more once I figure out the whole cycling thing. I've never done a fishless cycle and I have no clue what I'm doing. I've started a new thread so hopefully I'll get some good advice.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/413371-ive-never-done-a-fishless-cycle-help/

Totally understand that, can't really help with the fishless cycle unless you have some mature media to seed it with as I've always had mature media(first tank I got media from my neighbour and since have used my own from my other tanks) so let me get back to you there XD

I used the filter from another tank that had 2. But it did nothing. The man at my lfs said to try API quick start and keep testing the water.

nikkifro8994 said:
I used the filter from another tank that had 2. But it did nothing. The man at my lfs said to try API quick start and keep testing the water.

Chemicals that claim to contain "live bacteria" don't work as the bacteria needs to be in aerated moving water and have ammonia to live. Have you been feeding the media with household ammonia?

Paradise<3 said:

Chemicals that claim to contain "live bacteria" don't work as the bacteria needs to be in aerated moving water and have ammonia to live. Have you been feeding the media with household ammonia?
No. My tap water has 2-3 ppm in it so I'm letting it cycle itself. Plus I can't find pure ammonia ANYWHERE! I've checked every hardware store I can think of. All the ammonia I've found has other stuff in it like colorants and perfumes.

nikkifro8994 said:

No. My tap water has 2-3 ppm in it so I'm letting it cycle itself. Plus I can't find pure ammonia ANYWHERE! I've checked every hardware store I can think of. All the ammonia I've found has other stuff in it like colorants and perfumes.

Ah, makes sense. And wow! Nowhere? :/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back