45cm Shrimp Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Wow, thanks.
I'm sure you could do. Especially with the help you could get on this forum.

i could but im 14 and my mum wont let me have another small tank in my room for shrimp :angry:
i have a 60L with 2 armano shrimp in but the eggs never survive and i have light coulored gravel so i can neva see the eggs :angry:
might keep bugging my mum till she lets me!! ! :shifty:

i have a 60L with 2 armano shrimp in but the eggs never survive and i have light coulored gravel so i can neva see the eggs :angry:

Amano shrimp need brackish water in order to reproduce. They can carry the eggs, fertile them and release them, but the larvae don't survive the freshwater.
It is quite hard to raise the larvae.
Cherry shrimp are easier to breed. They breed in freshwater and there is no larval stage, just eggs straight to tiny shrimp.

i could but im 14 and my mum wont let me have another small tank in my room for shrimp :angry:
might keep bugging my mum till she lets me!! ! :shifty:
Advise from someone who has been in the same position, keep nagging, then buy one yourself anyway (say it's an excellent deal that is stupid to pass up) ;). Also, try to make it sound educational lol :good:.

Amano shrimp don't lay thier eggs, they carry them around until they hatch. But the baby shrimp hatch out as larvae that need marine water to grow up, so you won't get babies to grow in a freshwater tank, and the baby shrimp are so small they will be eaten by fish anyway. edit: RadaR explained first, slow typer me :D.

thanks for the advice! :good:
i was thinking of addind some cherry shrimp to the tank but after seing some of the amazing tanks on this forums, i was thinking of re-scaping my tank.
after i rescape my tank i want to get some more shrimp and the fish ive got im gunna ask my dad to look after them in his 125 litre aquarium ;)

Most reactions

Back