EdbetaRed

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Lols the tanks are starting to add up again lol 
book.gif

yes.gif

Hope this is in te correct section, if not please move
smile.png

Another one I fancy doing is a  40 Gallon Long tetra Amazonian loose concept tank.

STOCKING:

yes.gif

BLACK SKIRT / WIDOW TETRA 
SILVER TIPPED TETRA
SERPAE TETRA

CARDINAL - TO ADD COLOUR - BUT WILL THEY BE  LUNCH FOR THE BIGGER TETRAS ?

WHITE SKIRT/WIDOW TETRA -  IF THE WILL SCHOOL WITH THE BLACK ?
Not kept both in the same tank before but have kept both before.

PANDA CORY

The tank is 48 inches long - 48 x 15 x 12, it isn't very high but I don't think the tetra tank will require height,

I want to base the tank around a larger shoal of Serpaes as despite their bad rep they are one of my absolute fave, tetra and reallly colour up with some nice tannings in the water.

Suggested numbers, I know people go on about the 1 and 2 inch per gallon rule but I find tetra are not as messy as some of the bigger fish. I may get a larger than needed internal filter and water changes should keep ballence on a heavy stock, I have also used Seachems Prime to lock down any water nasties on a heavy stocked tank before but this isnt always the best policy.

The Hugo Kamishi Aquariums look nice. You have to buy everything individually. The 48 inch set up works out like £288 then add filter and heater,

I would like to add some more Panda Corys to this tank cos I love em LOL.

I would consider putting in a lot of hiding places at the bottom I found some nice coconut caves at an LFS.

I just wouldn't like my corries to be nipped as I plan on keeping the more aggressive type of larger tetra in this tank.

My hope is with all that boisterous activity in the tank the fish will help focus any 'nipping'  less at the Corries.

HAHA this is gonna be MY tank without the other halfs input lmao 
fish.gif

The cardinals won't be lunch for any of the other tetras you mentioned.

Silver tips when in good condition are really colourful and might outshine your serpaes, the males get to be a rich orange colour while the females are a bit less striking.

Tetras that nip do so mainly with long finned fishes, I think your corries will be safe enough.

I like the idea of red, black and gold in an Amazonian type of tank, I also consodered a pair of Bolivian Rams when tank matures at about the 4 month mark.

Now to consider the amount of numbers of each fish, I want a few plants now tons though.

I think having a nice amount of natural tannins will bring out the colours in my selected fish as well as being healthy for the fish, I used to have quite a dark colour to my Asian Female Beta tank.

Silver tips go suggested to me by a friend as ideal tank mates for the other in the tank..

Most reactions

Back