4 dead fish at the same time same species HELP!!’

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What did you do to resolve the white particle issue?
They just went
28356661-CE32-4618-935F-56E2850C9D1C.jpeg

A bacterial infection is most likely, most other diseases don't kill fast. But its impossible to rule out contaminants like chlorine, aerosols, something on your hands getting in to the water.
Have you used any chemicals near the fish tank?
Just incase, any gulping on the surface? Oxygen deficiency is a quick killer.

i polished around the unit last weekend like every weekend but not spraying it only with what’s on the cloth.
clean my hands twice, once with antibacterial soap then just with hot water after.
Not noticed any gulping on the surface
Air stone on when lights are on off when lights off, filter outlet agitating the surface

Do you have kids or anyone else in the home?

Heater still working?

I'm sure many will disagree but I would wait a day and see what happens. Anything new can help identify the issue. If it gets worse I would personally then be starting an antibiotic treatment.

I'm sure many will disagree but I would wait a day and see what happens. Anything new can help identify the issue. If it gets worse I would personally be doing an antibiotic treatment.
Not terrible advice when its really hard to say whats going on.

Do you have kids or anyone else in the home?

Heater still working?
Nope just me in the house

as far as I’m aware the heater is still working, keeping a nice constant 26c

I'm sure many will disagree but I would wait a day and see what happens. Anything new can help identify the issue. If it gets worse I would personally then be starting an antibiotic treatment.
I’ll leave it tomorrow but will keep an eye on them and see what’s happening in the morning.
if any more drop over night is there any particular medication/treatment for the tank that you would recommend

Seachem Kanaplex with API Furan-2 would be strong broad spectrum treatment. Many also say Mardel maracyn-2 is good.
Most infections would be gram-negative which kanaplex could treat. I recommend you to do some googling about aquarium antibiotics, best to consider more than 1 source of information.

Seachem Kanaplex with API Furan-2 would be strong broad spectrum treatment. Many also say Mardel maracyn-2 is good.
Most infections would be gram-negative which kanaplex could treat. I recommend you to do some googling about aquarium antibiotics.

thank you:book: now doing some research, lifeguard and haloshield by tetra keeps coming up and also api melafix

now doing some research

thank you:book: now doing some research, lifeguard and haloshield by tetra keeps coming up and also api melafix

now doing some research

Just saw you are in the UK, UK is much stricter on antibiotics and those products I mentioned can't be sold without a vet prescription. I had mine shipped from the US. If you don't already have the stronger stuff, most treatments in the shops would be more like antiseptics. Melafix is natural and mild.

How much are you feeding these guys, Remember a fish will only consume the amount of food you can put on the black part of its eye per day. Tiny amounts of food.

Had nitrites rise to .5 last week so been every day 50% till Thursday when levels zeroed out. Did a 70% dump this morning incase of toxins in the water, all levels was the same as tonight.
before cleaning I wash my hands with antibacterial hand wash and hot water, dry, wash with hot water (no soap),dry then clean the tank.
So sorry that you are losing your fish, like that.
What is antibacterial hand wash? You still may have residue of that on your hands when you cleaned the tank. Sounds like you introduced something in your tank that is killing your fish.

Have you used hand sanitizer? I think I saw someone else lost some fish from handsaitizer reidue

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back