3 Dead Fish This Morning After All Fish Acting Weird

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tom_os

fish
Reaction score
yesterday i did a weekly 40% water change but afterwards all my fish were weird.

the danios were right at th top with their heads touching the surface, the phantom tetras did it sometimes and the cories we just basically still all day.

today i did another water change thinking something in the water was effecting the fish. i then found 3 dead phantom tetras. and after bthe water change they are all still acting weird.

ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0 (after waterchange)

stocking:
4 golden danios
now 2 phantom tetras
6 cories
1 pitbull pleco

can anyone help, i have had an air pump running all day and cleaned out all the filter

any chemicals been added to the water supply? Some times they just add them withuot notice. Also, did you remember to dechlorinate?
Good luck, Finlay

what is the tank size?

what did you do when you did a water change?

did you wash any media?

60l

dechlorinated with stress coat as usual.

washed everything in tank water.

gravel vac

all tetras are dead now and the danios are slowly dying.

no chemicale nhave been added apart from dechlorinator

most recent addition is the pitbull plec on thursday of last week.

The problem with Stress Coat is that it will neutralize chlorine & chloramine, but will do nothing for the ammonia that is a result from the chlorine/ammonia split in chloramine. If your water company decided for whatever reason to increase disinfectants this can be significant.

Pick up either Tetra Aqua Safe, or Seachem Prime. Double dose the entire water volume of the tank.

Never trust your water supplier when it comes to fish!

u dont have enough good bacteria in the tank for them get yaself some stress zymes it will help create it for them and if u dont have one get yaself a live plant for the tank

u dont have enough good bacteria in the tank for them get yaself some stress zymes it will help create it for them and if u dont have one get yaself a live plant for the tank
stress zyme and all the others DO NOT WORK!! the only ones that do, are bactinettes and biospira.

umm yes it does work if it didnt work then alot of my mates would not have any fish left 2day they went through the same prob and i got them to use those products within a week they saw improvement

umm yes it does work if it didnt work then alot of my mates would not have any fish left 2day they went through the same prob and i got them to use those products within a week they saw improvement

i second that motion had two fish dye and the one that lived then was treated and all color came back.
and he lived happy there after.

Tom i would do 90-95% water change in a few days and then replace with the aquasafed water

SWW very often flush the pipes with an extra detergent - safe for humans (well just within recommended guidlines) but not for fish

Water was cloudy when hubby added to the tank - he had to pick me up from hospital so went out when we came back lots of dead fish

I lost over 100 fish before due to this

Tom i would do 90-95% water change and then replace with the aquasafed water

SWW very often flush the pipes with an extra detergent - safe for humans (well just within recommended guidlines) but not for fish

Water was cloudy when hubby added to the tank - he had to pick me up from hospital so went out when we came back lots of dead fish

I lost over 100 fish before due to this

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back