2Ft - 15 Gallon Planted Tank

freerunner416 said:
Hi,

the tank is lovely!!

Really like your Nymphoides. did you ever get round to using C02 in the tank or not?
Thank you! Going to attempt to trim tonight I think. Will have sell some stems though as I don't have room for planting them.

Not really, I dose EasyCarbo Liquid Carbon though :) I usually do it daily but I've been so busy that the tank has only had about 2 days doses in the past week and still gone mental growth wise! 

How is that liquid Co2? I've always been kinda skeptical about it, but I might just give it a try. I'm afraid of how it'll affect the fish I have in there because I hear that you can possibly poison your fish with Co2. And your tank looks very lush and green! Very beautiful.

freerunner416 said:
well if your selling any let me know as i was thinking of getting some after seeing yours. thanks

I'll have probably just about every species in my tank available lol. I've decided not to trim until I sell because I have no-where to keep them alive while they sell.

RainboWBacoN420 said:
How is that liquid Co2? I've always been kinda skeptical about it, but I might just give it a try. I'm afraid of how it'll affect the fish I have in there because I hear that you can possibly poison your fish with Co2. And your tank looks very lush and green! Very beautiful.

The bottle says not to exceed over double the maximum dosage, I think I do about 2.5x the maximum dosage in my tank daily and my fish don't seem to care lol :) I'll have to check that but I'm sure I do more than double the maximum dosage.

I was considering just getting a Co2 canister to hang off the side of the tank now that I moved my betta tank away from the community. Still got a lot of research to brush up on, not to mention paychecks that have to stacked before I even consider it.

RainboWBacoN420 said:
I was considering just getting a Co2 canister to hang off the side of the tank now that I moved my betta tank away from the community. Still got a lot of research to brush up on, not to mention paychecks that have to stacked before I even consider it.

Yeah, that's why I can't do proper Co2... I can't afford it, even just the set up of it. EasyCarbo seems to work for me so I'll stick with that at least for now :)

Another late update... Had to give the tank a proper trim back tonight much to my dislike as some of the plants are suffering from not having enough light due to the tops growing like mad! I'm seriously tempted to rip out all the Hygrophila polysperma on the right and replace with something else because it's going downhill fast now... As you can see I have holes in the leaves and everything. The Stargrass and Limnophila are still doing well though.
I have had to replace my "big momma lily" with one of the younger lilies as the big one had got the end of the cycle. No longer producing any babies and had two living leaves left :( I am sad about this but I do have another lily in that spot now.

Anyway, pictures!
Before the trim:
15th%20June%202015%201_zpsef2ubpbv.jpg

After the trim :(
Excuse the yellow tones in the picture, I had to take this on a different camera as my proper one died lol. And the small one does not deal well with high light on bright green plants o_O
15th%20June%202015%202_zpsb2r9251w.jpg

However, Oto's :)
15th%20June%202015%203_zpsbvmhr3hy.jpg

15th%20June%202015%204_zpshbmlk5yq.jpg

Well it's been a fair few months on this, I know I'm bad lol.

The tank is still going but no longer look this good. My Java Moss at the front has taken off, so has my Stargrass. So badly that it was at the point of blocking out loads of light. So a few nights ago I went on a rampage through the tank. Ripped out the dying Hygrophila, ripped out and trimmed down all the Stargrass. Then I replanted the Stargrass in both ends of my 2ft and managed to spread it across to my 5 gallon too!
Still have my H. corymbosa though, it was the H. polysperma that was dying off badly.

29th September 2015- The nightmare it had grown into!
29th%20September%202015_zpsnkcbenyb.jpg

And tonight, 13th October 2015- For some reason it looks cloudy in the photo but it's not. It's almost crystal clear in person lol.
13th%20October%202015_zps1sx6lhop.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back