29g Stock Options

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just throwing out an idea. If I buy a 29g could I keep 10 Cardinal Tetras and 4 2-3" Silver Dollars?

Silver dollars grow to 6" iirc but their minimum tank size is listed as 30 gallons so you might get away with it, however that is the minimum size so I dont know how happy the fish would be in there?

I really like Silver Dollar's but I only have a 27 gallon so chose to go with Black Skirt Tetra's instead as IMO they look quite similar to Silver Dollars, they are just smaller and have Black stripes + skirt, although ive heard they do turn silver as they get older.

The fish profile on here says 55 galls minimum for a group of 5 or more. Other sources say a tank with a footprint of at least 72 x 15 inches.

Depending on the species of silver dollar, the smallest tank I'd recommend would have a foot print no smaller than 48"x12". Some of the larger species need tanks at least 10'x3'. There is a fish called the discus tetra that stays small and would be fine. Looks almost like a silver dollar, but tops out at two inches.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back