20 gallon DP's otos and?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

GP

Orange
Reaction score
OK, I was wondering what else I could put in a 20 gallon besides 4-5 DP's and a few otos, or would that be too much?

you can put tetras and tiger barbs but don't put in plecos the DP's will tear the plecos fins off. That happend to one of my plecos :crazy:

Daveo :flex:

Some of the smaller plecos like bristlenose or rubbernosed would be good. They don't move around enough during the day to bother the dwarfs and their armor like scales can protect them from any mad puffers.

I wanted to do tiger barbs with the DP's.. Yay! I'm going to do it! So, if I have 3 ottos, 4 DP's, how many tigers can I have?

No! not tiger barbs!

your dwarfs will not mix with tiger barbs.

We've succesfully kept neons with DPs, but your tank is pretty much at capacity with just the puffers & ottos.

Remember that puffers, even dwarfs, need more room than other fish and are messy.

Alright, then I guess I will get a lesser amount of DP's, and stick to my research until I find what can go with them..

Puffer_freak said:
Just to add to that, um, can you keep plecos with Green Spotted Puffs, cause I want one! :shifty:

GSP's are brackish, Plecos are fresh, so no.

I keep my DP with otos (well 1 now the others died when I moved the tank) and theres no way that the DP could get throught the fins of the oto they are just to hard and scaley.

Shrimp will be eaten, cories will get harrassed as they're too active, cichlids are definately a no... too much aggression in the tank. Otos are good, if you can find them you can put freshwater Bumblebee Gobies in with them. I keep plecos with mine to no adverse affects.

You're risking trouble by added too many different fish into that tank, if you want to put dwarfs in there then try say 2 plecos and 5 Dwarfs for starters. Remember Puffers go best in species tanks, NOT community tanks. Dwarfs are so small anyway that if you too many big fish in there it'll detract from the dwarfs, set up a tank FOR the puffers and leave the others out.

Most reactions

Back