12g Nano Cube Dx Journal + I Have Questions!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So today as a birthday gift from my parents they bought me a 12G Nano Cube Deluxe (deluxe meaning it has high intensity lights for corals)! I set it up tonight with about 11 pounds LS and 7 pounds LR. This is my second attempt at a SW nano, as some of you may remeber my first attempt.

So later on I'm going to add 2 orcellos(sp?) clownfish, 1 cherry shrimp, and several snails. I'm really excited to continue!

2 questions now.

#1: For a JBJ nano cube, how do you put a heater in it? I've been looking for a slot out the back to put the cord through, but no luck.

#2: How do you adjust the flow out put from the filter return nozzel?

Thanks! I'll keep yall updated!

what happened to your first?
Also, how much later?
Well, do to mechanical failures, a loss of serious money, and no possible permanent location the tank sat empty with the LR and LS for 3 months(w/o water in the tank). The LR died and I had no where to store the dang tank, so I called the project to an end to save some money and try again. That was only 6-7 months ago. I'm really anxious to start again! Like I said, my parents pitched in this time and bought me the tank - so all I have to buy is the LR and such. It was a nice deal ;) There are benefits to being young and living with your parents.

A few weeks. On sunday or monday I'm going to get the clean-up crew and more LR (because I only have 7 lbs.), then a week from then I'm going to buy the first fish.

I don't know anything about those tanks, but good luck Ethos! Post pictures when you can, I'm sure it's beautiful.

I own the 24g nano cube myself, great little tank. As far as putting a heater in it, I actually had to take a file aand make my own notch in the hood to put the cord through I can't imagine why there isn't a pre made slot or anything. And as far as I know there is no flow output adjustment.

Here's a picture you guys!
NYandnano005.jpg

Thanks!

Here's some more, sorry the quality stinks!

a3b57799.jpg

NYandnano006.jpg

NYandnano004.jpg

NYandnano019.jpg

NYandnano021.jpg

If your camera can focus, use it. It helps alot!

Very nice though. :)

My dad wants to get his own nano in the basement, lol. We're completely re-doing our basement, it's awesome right now how it is.

Love it, and just think, soon you'll have more to photograph than the outflow :p

Love it, and just think, soon you'll have more to photograph than the outflow :p
I Know! I'm pretty excited! In a few days I'm going to get a few snails and maybe a crab and a shrimp - plus 7 more lbs of LR!

The 12 is a great tank. It will fare much better if you can get a refugium up and running in one of the back chambers. Definitely needs more LR. Enjoy it. SH

Most reactions

trending

Back