120 Litre Stocking Suggestions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tomtomtom1230

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Currently in my 75L tank I have 7 neon tetras, 4 gold zebra danios, 2 tiny blue moscow guppies (they were seriously underfed at the LFS so I felt sorry for them and had to bring them home! I think their growth was stunted at the LFS) and 3 peppered cory catfish. I've had no major problems in my tank etc, etc. But soon, I'm replacing my 75L tank with a 120 litre standard cuboid tank. Alongside these fish, what are my options?

All my fish are male and I'd like to have a go at planting the tank. Although it's off topic, if anybody has any advice for me about planting the tank then it'd be appreciated. :)

I was thinking of getting 2 more peppered cories and maybe a bristlenose pleco to start? Not sure whether this would be compatible though.

Maybe gold barbs about 5 or/and platies, guppies harlequin rasboras, ballon molies ( they might eat your blue moscow guppies.

How about a trio of dwarf gourami? Stunning fish. One male and two women.

In terms of your current stock, I would up your cories to 6 and get a few more danios if you can. Neons look awesome in bigger numbers too.

Yeah, I'd love to up the Cories' numbers to 6. I'm a bit of a catfish fanatic but I'd never get anything that made them feel uncomfortable. Making sure Cories are in at least a group of 5 is my first priority. Would I be OK with a bristlenose Pleco? I have Mopani and bogwood in my 75 litre that I'd transfer to the larger tank when it arrives. Where the danios are concerned, I was thinking about getting a few regular zebra danios to offset their colours a bit. Not sure whether that would work or not but I would've thought so. It's only a colour difference, right?

Thanks for the suggestions so far! :)

You'll be fine with a bristlenose in a 120l

All the different zebra danio morphs (gold, leopard, long finned) will happily shoal together, IME.

All the different zebra danio morphs (gold, leopard, long finned) will happily shoal together, IME.
^^ what he said. Its actually really fun watching them do it too. Once they know who you are they will come up to your finger when you put it in the water a nibble and rub up on it.

^^ what he said. Its actually really fun watching them do it too. Once they know who you are they will come up to your finger when you put it in the water a nibble and rub up on it.

Yeah, my danios and the guppies already do that! They 'kiss' my arm if I ever have to rearrange anything at the bottom of the tank, too :)

Definitely get a BN. Mine is adorable, he is tiny but as soon as he senses an algae tablet being dropped into the water he will get it no matter which other fish are giving it a go!

Definitely get a BN. Mine is adorable, he is tiny but as soon as he senses an algae tablet being dropped into the water he will get it no matter which other fish are giving it a go!

Yeah, as I said I really love catfish! So I'll definitely be OK with the Bristlenose and the Cories?
I really like schooling fish but I can't help thinking my tank needs one or two focal fish. How're Dwarf Gourami fish to look after? Need anything special?

Yeah, as I said I really love catfish! So I'll definitely be OK with the Bristlenose and the Cories?
I really like schooling fish but I can't help thinking my tank needs one or two focal fish. How're Dwarf Gourami fish to look after? Need anything special?

My peppered cories and BN are fine together.

Dwarf Gourami are very easy to keep in terms of water stats and feeding, I hear that they can be susceptible to disease because of the way they're bred but not had problems myself touch wood. Make sure you only buy from a tank with healthy specimens and you should be ok. They are beautiful fish and mine always have to be the centre of attention.

What about a pair of convicts

Forum award for worst advice ever?? :lol:

My peppered cories and BN are fine together.

Dwarf Gourami are very easy to keep in terms of water stats and feeding, I hear that they can be susceptible to disease because of the way they're bred but not had problems myself touch wood. Make sure you only buy from a tank with healthy specimens and you should be ok. They are beautiful fish and mine always have to be the centre of attention.

What about a pair of convicts

Forum award for worst advice ever?? :lol:

Never even heard of convicts until now o.0 They sound like an aggressive or predatory fish, though.

EDIT; Never mind, just googled them. Convicts are cichlids? Are they particularly territorial? I know most cichlids need pretty specific water parameters. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back