Stock 4

-Rummy nose 4
-Danios 4
-Neons 4

Stock 5

-3 von rio flames
-3 serpae tetras
-3 black skirts

My fear is that i hear rummynoses are so very sensitive...it really bugs me because they are so beautiful -_- . I also know that serpae's are really nippy. Anywho, this should give you an idea of things i like...i've been surfing the interweb for about two hours now..mind helping me out? :look:

Thanks
~AnDi

I don't really have any particular comments right now, but I think the shoaling fish like the tetras would be better off if you had them in larger groups of each. 3 tetras isn't much of a shoal, and I don't know if different species of tetras really shoal together. I think I'd try to aim for at least 5 of each kind of tetra.

1 dwarf gourami
6 cardinal tetras
15 cherry shrimp

Dwarf%20Gourami%20coral%20red.jpg

mag28.jpg

1_shrimp2.jpg

that would be beautiful.

or you could switch out the cardinals for neons if you want a similar but less sensitive fish.

Hmmmm... I like your ideas...i shall keep that in mind

What about:
5 serpae tetras
5 black skirts
2 zebra danios
3 glofish

btw the zebras and glofish will shoal together.

What about the cherry shrimp? I dont know much about them..

Hmmmm... I like your ideas...i shall keep that in mind

What about:
5 serpae tetras
5 black skirts
2 zebra danios
3 glofish

btw the zebras and glofish will shoal together.

What about the cherry shrimp? I dont know much about them..

hmm... im a little confused now as black skirts and zebra danios aren't very colorful and i thought thats what you were goin for. anyway, shrimp are scavengers and they are very easy to take care of. they'll eat flakes that fall to the gravel. they also produce very little ammonia, so thats good.

glofish look nice but they're artificially colored so that kinda kills it for me. i always find natural color and designs much more appealing. but, its your tank, do what you will. :good:

Hahaha yeah.. Thank you so much!! ^_^ i know i am confusing sometimes. Maybe i can replace the zebras with something..blahh,..grr.. So many amazing species..

I'd definately change the zebra danios for something else, in my opinion the tank isnt big enough for zebras as they are one of the most energentic fish you will find and require plenty of swimming room. Most people would recommend minimum of 20 gal for them but I wouldnt put zebras in anything less than a 30 gal.

Andy

I had a stocking of female bettas once... Ended badly because some were mislabed as females when they were natural males...-_-

well i had a few danios in smaller tanks before.. They lasted a long while..but yes they thrive better in larger tanks i suppose.

Whatever you do, make sure that shoaling fish are in groups of 6 and that you do plenty of research into the adult sizes and activity levels of the fish. I wouldn't put Glofish or natural zebra danios in such a small tank. I'd be wary of putting them in my 17 USG community tank, tbh, as they get to about 2.5 inches and are really active. They also thrive in cooler temps so I would never add them into a tank that needed to be warm for a female betta, as they like it at about 81F and the danios want it way cooler.

In a 12 gallon tank, stick with shoaling fish that max out at about 1-1.25 inches and larger fish that max at at 2 inches (if your tank is 12" long) and 3 inches (if your tank is 18" long).

Also try to get a good mix of mid-swimming fish and bottom feeders. Will make the tank more complete and having some of your stock on the bottom will give the mid-swimmers more space.

Do you guys have a stocking list? I can't come up with many good ones...

I would like a honey or a female betta to be the attraction, then tetras and shrimp to go along with them.

Example:

1 honey
5 neons/cardinals
3 or 4 serpae
then 2 or three cherry shrimp

OR

1 female betta
5 serpae
5 neons/cardinals
2 cherry shrimp

Whatever you do, make sure that shoaling fish are in groups of 6 and that you do plenty of research into the adult sizes and activity levels of the fish. I wouldn't put Glofish or natural zebra danios in such a small tank. I'd be wary of putting them in my 17 USG community tank, tbh, as they get to about 2.5 inches and are really active. They also thrive in cooler temps so I would never add them into a tank that needed to be warm for a female betta, as they like it at about 81F and the danios want it way cooler.

In a 12 gallon tank, stick with shoaling fish that max out at about 1-1.25 inches and larger fish that max at at 2 inches (if your tank is 12" long) and 3 inches (if your tank is 18" long).

Also try to get a good mix of mid-swimming fish and bottom feeders. Will make the tank more complete and having some of your stock on the bottom will give the mid-swimmers more space.

Noted :) thank you.

I'd avoid the Serpae Tetras as they are very aggressive and don't mix well with others.
Have a look at something like Flame tetras, very peaceful and very pretty.
Another alternative would be nano fish such as:

Ember tetra
Clown Killifish
Galaxy Rasbora
Gertrude's Blue Eye
Boraras brigittae
Boraras maculatus
Nannostomus marginatus

hm....yeah okay! Flame tetras are pretty and i'll have to do more reaserch on those other ones

Most reactions

trending

Back