10G Stock

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Alexp08

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Sorry for another stock thread. But I have a 10g planted tank currently housing about 10-15 rcs and a whole buch of snails..(they wont stoo breeding). Im wanting to add some fish. Id love some suggestions on what fisb I could get yhay wont eat my shrimp ir any baby shrimp that might pop up. Thanks!
Oh I have soft water with a ph of about 6.8

Perhaps something like mosquito rasboras (boraras brigittae) or neon green rasboras (microdevario kubotai)?

I personally (and many others on here) would not put much trust in that advisor site.

Ninjouzata said:
Perhaps something like mosquito rasboras (boraras brigittae) or neon green rasboras (microdevario kubotai)?

I personally (and many others on here) would not put much trust in that advisor site.
Hence, double checking the info.

I'd agree with the above that that stocking site isn't very accurate.
Mosquito rasboras would look lovely in a large school against the green plants, you could also consider ember tetras.
I wouldn't put Microdevario kubotai in a 10 gallon, they may be small but they're very active & fast swimmers, mine zoom about & use every inch of their 3ft tank.

I'm leaning towards a betta, but he may eat the baby shrimp. :/

Well I already have two betta tanks so id rather not I like the boraras brigittae but I cant find them gor sale anywhere

Celestial pearl danios could be another option & may be a bit easier to find

Lillefishy said:
Celestial pearl danios could be another option & may be a bit easier to find
I was under the impression they were a hard water fish, my water is soft

Ninjouzata said:

well its good for judging on how may fish you can fit in but you need to understand every other factor to use it effectively activity preferd space compatibility on a more complex size the size they will most likely grow plants e.t.c
or neon tetras would work 

I have Sundadanio axelrodi with my cherry shrimps. Given the number of baby shrimps I hoover up during a water change, these fish don't eat many baby shrimps, if any at all.

A pair of Dario Dario or Scarlet Badis would be cool, has a wide range of suitable ph 6.5 - 8.5, temp 18 - 26C or 64 - 79 F.

The cooler temperature is actually much better for snails and RCS
smile.png

http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/dario-dario/

EDIT - Forgot to mention,  Dario Dario may eat the younger/smaller shrimps but adult or large shrimps should be ok.

Most reactions

trending

Back