10g Oddballs

OpalineAqua

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 10g tank that has 3 fish in it right now. 2 blue danios and a silver hatchetfish. My old fish died due to large amounts of nitrites in the water, and now I am taking care of that problem. But once the water is balanced again I want to add an oddball to the tank. Oddballs have always intrigued me, but I dont know if there are any small enough for my tank. It would be great if someone could tell me some if there are any. :unsure:

BTW: The tank is heavily planted and has a pH of 7.5

perhaps a small goby or gudgeon. Mogurnda species from new Guinea, desert goby (Chlamidogobius eremius) from Australia. There are other gobies as well, many are quite small (less than 3 inches) and get along fine with most other fish.

I'd make up the numbers of the existing fish, both prefer life in shoals.

I agree with colin_T, gobies can have alot of personality, I'd suggest the peacock goby 'Tateurndina ocellicauda'. Other candidates for small oddballs I can come up with off the top of my head could be khuli loaches, or some killifish. Bearing in mind 10 gallons isn't alot of water.

Have you considered shrimp? These may be more suitable and can be just as entertaining as fish - in some cases more so.

Most reactions

Back