100 gal tank pre-post more or less

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DAnCSF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I joined TFF cuz I was in need of good advice having decided to move up to a 100 gal thank after a failure of a 55. I suspect like many, such a move lead to a cascade of consequences all of which were fine and "enlightening". One of which was the "discovery "of many fine and passionate fish guardians. Thank you all...well I didn't fully document the 100 gal set up. but here is a pre and post pic. I bought the tank used, it came with EVERYTHING: stand,light, canister filter, substrate, rocks, heater, even the occupants, danios, yo-yos, a cory. plus much other stuff....Anyhow it's now set up, the post pic is not quite current but close enuff...Current occupants: Salvini, Dempsey, Pleco, Horseface loach, 5 Giant Danios, T-Barb and a Peacock Cichlid. Comments anyone? DanC
TFF_ PrePost_100g.jpg

Nice work!! I love what you did with the stand and canopy!

Can you describe the process you went through to move everything? Did you paint the stand and canopy after you had it set up in place, or what did you do with the fish in the interim? How long did everything take you?

Good Morning M,

Well I can't quote claim any credit....

1. The stand and canopy came with the tank, this was a 3 owner tank. the original owner build and pained the stand, I bought the whole shabang from owner #2 and I'm owner 3.
2.. The owner #2 had some small fishes that I end up with, that were re-housed in my 30 gal tall.
3. The current occupants come from a combination of tanks: my 40 gal(dempsey, TBarb, Pleco), 29 gal (salvini) 55 (danios)
4. Patience is not a virtue with me so I was quicker than I should have been...but since the filter, substrate and rocks were all estalished I figured I can short cut the N cycle I also used the tetra safe and Seachem Stability to jump start the N cycle. Overall it was about 2.5 weeks before I added the fish. The chemistet all tested fine 'cept the nitrates which were about med red in color. So I'm fighting that but it seems to be the same in all my tanks. I just keep watch on evoned TFF Iwas a activated/filter meda guy. But I've pretty much swapped over to bio balls/rings and spong guy on my tanks that are all HOB units save the 100 gal canister.

I'll be doing pre-post of the other tanks too, now that I'm pretty much settled on from the various relocations. I may even add the back story for those who are interested.

Sigh the grammar and english ain't what it use to be...but then again I can barely type my name on my damn phone..... Point 4 redo....

4 Patience is not a virtue with me so I was quicker than I probably should have been...but since the filter, substrate and rocks were all established I figured I can short cut the N cycle. I also used Tetra Easy Balance Plus and Seachem Stability to jump start the N cycle. Overall it was about 2.5 weeks before I added the fish. The chemistry all tested fine 'cept the nitrates which were about med red in color. So I'm fighting that but, it seems to be the same in all my tanks. Prior to joining TFF I was an activated/filter media guy. But I've pretty much swapped over to bio balls/rings and spong on my HOB, save the 100 gal canister. I hope this answers your question if not let me know and we can do a chat at at convenient time.

Aha, thanks!! It looked like in the first picture the stand and canopy were black and then they were grey in the second picture, so I was like "wait, did he manage to paint it with the fish still on there without killing anything?!" Lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back