10 Gallons

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
How many should I put in a 10 gallon, and what should be the ratio of males to females or should it be all males or all females?

What are your intentions here, so as to further advise (Breeding or otherwise)
Regards
C

Something nice to show off, a showcase tank essentially. Breeding isn't that high a concern for it! Thanks :)

what kind of killies do you want

I'm buying some Killi eggs. The ad is here, so, these kinds:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270882410787?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649#ht_2970wt_754

I was told they are:
1) Nothobranchius eggersi (Solid Blue)
2) Nothobranchius korthausae
3) Nothobranchius eggersi (Red)
4) Nothobranchius rachovi (Beira 98)
5) Nothobranchius eggersi (Blue)
6) Nothobranchius foerschi

The problem with buying annuals is that they dont live that long, they do look nice but if breeding isnt your intention id maybe go for non annuals as they can live for up to 2years or more and there are some stunning looking ones. Just a thought.

I probably will breed, but I have a breeding tank set aside, so, they won't be spawning in that tank, so, I'm just looking for color in that tank :)

You want colour......You are then faced with a few problems....Killifish males hold all the colour with females being somewhat drab.
Males for the most part do not get along with each other.....and one may be harassed and bullied to the point of death.
For a start you would need more females than males.....or you could go with all males but be prepared for nipped fins.
Personally I would just go for a trio....1 male : 2 females - Fundulopanchax gardneri sp.
Regards
C

You want colour......You are then faced with a few problems....Killifish males hold all the colour with females being somewhat drab.
Males for the most part do not get along with each other.....and one may be harassed and bullied to the point of death.
For a start you would need more females than males.....or you could go with all males but be prepared for nipped fins.
Personally I would just go for a trio....1 male : 2 females - Fundulopanchax gardneri sp.
Regards
C

Would I be able to put any others in there? Like any other fish or inverts or anything if I did a trio? Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back