10 Gallon Stocking Ideas?

fatheadminnow

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
4,815
Reaction score
14
Points
38
Location
US
Well is seems that my 29 gallon is pretty established now, and all the fish that are happily living within it.

I have a 10 gallon tank laying around, with a Aquaclear 20 filter. I was originally going to have the 10 gallon for a quarantine tank, but I want more fish! :nod:

I want to go fairly heavily planted, just not too much that I will have to inject Co2; I will be keeping the light below 2WPG.

I am just curious what would do well in a 10 gallon?

I want some kind of colorful fish that will school together, something like a neon tetra, but not. As neon tetras need a very well established tank to live in.

Also I want it to be a smaller kind of fish, that way I will be able to get more in the tank; preferable 10+ fish?

Any ideas?

Thanks
-FHM
 
Any of the following would be fine:

Ember Tetra
Endlers
Microrasbora species.

They are all pretty colourful and don't grow too big.
 
Thanks stang1!

I think I am going to have to go with the Endlers, as they have a lot of different color patterns and look really neat!

EDIT: How many do you think I will be able to put in the 10 gallon?

Thanks again!
-FHM
 
Your welcome.
Are you going to go for all males or a mix of male and female?
 
Tough decision.
You could have a mix of the two and then ask your lfs if they would be happy to buy/rehome any fry.
On the other hand, a tank full of males would look fantastic!
 
Your right, a tank full of males would look pretty neat!

My Cichlids are probably going to spawn soon, so I will have my hands full when that happens.

So with that in consideration, I am probably going to try to just get all males then.

How many would be suitable for a 10 gallon?

Thanks again stang!
-FHM
 
I should imagine you could have 10+ in there with no problems.
It might be worth posting on the Livebearer section though, just to double check. ;)
 
I should imagine you could have 10+ in there with no problems.
It might be worth posting on the Livebearer section though, just to double check. ;)
Okay, if no one else can confirm that 10+ Endlers would not be suitable for a 10 gallon tank, I will post over in the Livebearer section.

Once again stang, thanks for your help!
-FHM
 

Most reactions

Back
Top